Saturday, May 30, 2009
Segment from a not-so-love letter (A note to your obsession)
I find it silly that you think so highly of your romantic status in my life. I find it hard tp believe that it's okay for you and I to let you pretend like that. Why do we? It's an enevitable pain of revelation. I think, maybe it's for comic relief or, more realistically, avoidance due to desired attention. You appreciate me - and I appreciate that. Thank you. I owe you that. Thank you for helping me find - or in the very least steal - who I am. You have helped me get a foot out of this muck. Thank you for pulling my leg out without even realizing it. I am the unexpected twist on clichés. I am the phone you need totalk into. I am the inspiration for this chapter of your life. The one that you think actually means something. Well, I'm glad you think so. You, with your protruding gums. Those hideous envelopes for teeth. You, my friend, don't have enough letters for it to make any sense. Work on that. Until then ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment